2023 APPI Conference
October 15 - 17, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
This year's conference will explore how planning is evolving and will continue to evolve in the future and how to navigate the uncertainty. The expected outcomes of the conference include introducing participants to new and exciting ways that can help planners learn how to build future-ready communities, while providing tangible and technical elements that can be utilized in our day-to-day lives. Professional planners and related professionals will present unique, creative and unconventional discussions on how we, together, can navigate an uncertain future.
Book your accommodations!
APPI Conference - Start your reservation (passkey.com) or via our Global Team at 1-800-441-1414 to secure their reservations (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or our In-House Team at 1-866-540-4454 (available Monday to Friday from 10AM to 4PM MST).
- There will be no formal programing on Sunday with exception of the Lessons from the Discipline Committee session which will be offered Sunday October 15th from 3:00 – 4:30 PM and the Welcome Reception that same evening.
- Registration includes access to recordings of a majority of the conference sessions, post-conference.
- There will be no opportunity for virtual delegate registration. However, a majority of the conference sessions recordings will be available for purchase by non-delegates at a future date.
- The keynote address will be live streamed, and APPI will be providing access to that live stream at no cost to all APPI members.
Event Code Of Conduct
APPI is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience at our events for all participants, which includes delegates, presenters, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers, and APPI staff. APPI values your attendance and expects all participants to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone.
All participants are subject to the Event Code of Conduct, and are expected to understand that APPI:
- will enforce this code for the entire duration of the event;
- will be available to respond in a timely manner to complaints of unacceptable behaviour at any time during the event, and will ensure the safety of complainants;
- expects compliance with requests to stop unacceptable behaviours;
- may contact hotel/conference venue security or local law enforcement local authorities;
- will not refund registration fees or charges to participants expelled from an event;
- may disqualify participants that have demonstrated unacceptable behaviours from participating in future live and virtual APPI events;
- may report members that breached the Event Code of Conduct to their Provincial or Territorial Institute and Association, School, and/or Business.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, which includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events, including social activities.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the hotel, convention centre, or other participating site.
General Enquiries: If you have questions about this policy or its procedure, please contact [email protected]