The Alberta Professional Planners Institute (APPI) is a professional regulated organization under the provisions of the Professional and Occupational Associations Registration Act, responsible for certifying members to achieve "Right to Title" and thereby are legally entitled to use the Registered Professional Planner – RPP designation. APPI regulates private and public sector planners practicing in Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. APPI is governed as a public accountable organization with an obligation to serve the public interest under the Professional and Occupational Associations Registration Act.
APPI works to support its members so its professional planners can:
- Support civic leaders, businesses and citizens as they envision new possibilities and consider the short and long-term consequences of decisions facing the community
- Lead in the development of innovations in regulation, programs, and policy
- Anticipate change to help communities synthesize and meet the challenges of growth and development
- Design communities that create better choices for where and how people live and work
- Strike a balance between public and private, individual and community interest
The Value of a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) Designation
APPI has the exclusive authority to grant the professional designation and protected title to those members who have completed the certification process and relevant standards for ethical and professional competency.
APPI encourages RPP certified members to use the professional designation alongside their names on business signatures, business cards, email signatures and on social media.
For more more information, visit RPP Certification in the Members Menu.