2019 APPI Conference
Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park, Fort McMurray, Alberta
October 6 - 8, 2019
APPI is pleased to announce the 2019 Conference Co-Chairs!
Nabil Malik with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, Hayley Wasylycia and Jared Candlish, both graduate students in the University of Alberta’s Urban and Regional Planning Program.
Call for Volunteers for the 2019 APPI Conference Committee!
APPI is seeking regulated members who are interested in committing themselves to organize and execute the conference, including the theme, budget considerations and securing sponsorship in collaboration with APPI Council and Administration. The 2019 APPI conference will provide opportunities for members to enhance and further their professional development through the exchange of ideas and knowledge. We are currently seeking volunteers to participate in the following committees:
• Develop the conference theme in concert with the Co-Chairs.
• Prepare the call for presenters and select the presentations.
• Develop the program, schedule and organize the keynote speakers and session speakers.
• Coordinate with speakers requesting their titles, session descriptions, biographies, pictures and AV requirements.
• Provide speaker support and moderate sessions at the conference.
• Ensure the timing for the conference sessions is consistent with the venue contract (with APPI Administration).
• Contact sustaining sponsors (APPI Administration provides background information).
• Pursue new sponsorship opportunities.
• Follow the APPI Sponsorship program established in Policy.
• APPI Administration distributes the sponsorship package and coordinates payments with the sponsors.
Please reply to the APPI office by noon on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1) Why you are interested in joining the conference team,
2) Your first and second choice for either the Program or Sponsorship Committee, and
3) Time commitment (pre conference and/or at the conference).
Please note: All volunteers are expected to cover their conference registration and accommodations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Professional Standards Board (PSB) Examination - French Translation
The PSB has begun translating all certification materials in an effort to become a fully bilingual organization. They are seeking bilingual Registered Professional Planners (RPP’s) interested in forming a cross-country and diverse volunteer working group to review and test the materials for accuracy and clarity. If you have the expertise to take part in this working group, please contact the APPI Office for additional information. Time devoted to this work may be claimed as structured CPL units.
fRI Research Call for Presentations
We are preparing to extend our webinar series into topics related to municipal land use planning. For information click here
APPI Edmonton Event - Economic Outlook with John Rose, Chief Economist, City of Edmonton
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the University of Alberta Faculty Club, Edmonton
for details and to register.
Strathcona Centre in the Park Tour and Social!
Friday, January 25, 2019
4:00 - 8:00 PM
Details to be announced.
APPI Calgary Event - Development in Proximity to CP Lines
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the Danish Club, Calgary
Details to be announced.
Alberta Professional Planners Institute
PO Box 3099
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2T1
Toll Free: 888.286.8716
email: [email protected]