APPI Council Candour and APPI 2016 Annual Report
APPI Council would like to congratulate and give a warm welcome to our newly elected Councillors - Aaron Aubin, Glinis Buffalo, Martin Frigo and Kate van Fraassen - as well as thank all of the nominees who ran for Council, for expressing an interest in their profession, and for their enthusiasm to play a leadership role with the Institute. Seventeen candidates - wow! It's great to see that level of interest.
The APPI 2016 Annual Report was presented at the Annual General Meeting. Click here.
Prior to this year's Annual General Meeting in Calgary, APPI Council met to catch up on some of our projects and strategic initiatives.
1. The joint APPI / CIP annual conference in Calgary - "Building Resilience / Renforcer la
resilience" - is getting closer and looks to be a great event! We hope to see many of you at the sessions and other scheduled events. Please don't wait to register! https://www.cip-icu.ca/Resilience2017
2. Council reviewed the annual financial statements and accountant's report, and approved
them for presentation to the APPI membership at the AGM. Despite some moderate instability
in the markets, APPI's investments and outlook are holding strong.
3. APPI's President has been in touch with the CIP Board about developing a new partnership
agreement over the summer, and we anticipate this will move forward fairly quickly. We'll
share details as soon as we're able.
4. Updates from the Professional Standards Committee and Professional Standards Board were presented and Council discussed their evolving roles and processes. This will be another ongoing conversation, along with the CIP's evolving roles and services.
5. Council received the latest draft of the Communications Strategy and we'll be excited to get
to work on some new value statements and messaging for APPI over the coming months.
6. The Alberta Sustainability Planning Initiative is rolling forward and continues to attract ever
more attention among APPI members. This will be another interesting project to watch as it
unfolds. If you'd like to know more about it, check it out here: https://albertaplanners.com/about-appi/alberta-sustainability-planning-initiative-aspi
Once again, all of us on APPI Council are looking forward to co-hosting a fantastic conference in June. See you there!