APPI Legacy Fund Award
The Alberta Centennial Conference Legacy Fund was established in 2005. The fund provides financial assistance to APPI members interested in attending and presenting planning-based information at a national or international conference, or for those engaged in research of emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
Award Option A: Conference presentation at a national or international conference
- Intent of this award option is to provide financial assistance for the applicant’s expenses related to participation in a planning-related presentation at the approved conference.
- National or international conferences are eligible.
Award Option B: Research to advance excellence in planning
- Intent of this award is to provide financial assistance to research that focuses on emerging practices and innovation in the field of planning. Applicant must provide a clear description of why it is relevant to advancing excellence in planning.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who can relate their presentations to planning in Alberta, Nunavut or Northwest Territories.
- This award is not to be used to fulfill any post-secondary requirements.
Legacy Fund Award Application click here. A maximum of one (1) award will be granted for allowable expenses to a maximum of $3,000.00.
The deadline is 5:00pm Monday, March 20, 2017 and the winners will be announced April 11th and recognized at the 2017 APPI Volunteer Celebration on April 27, 2017 in Calgary.
APPI Council would like to recognize and support the great work being done by Regulated members and strongly encourages you to apply for funding assistance via the APPI Legacy Fund Award.
The submission details and evaluation criteria are outlined on the application forms which are now available on the APPI website http://www.albertaplanners.com/awards&recognition