Volunteer Opportunities with APPI - You can make a difference!
Volunteering provides members with a unique opportunity to contribute to the Institute and the profession, while broadening their professional networks and acquiring new skills.
Edmonton Events Committee
APPI is seeking members who are interested in committing themselves to organize and execute events in the Edmonton and surrounding area with APPI administration. We also are in need of a member to take on the role of Chair. Please reply to the APPI office by noon on Thursday, November 21 by emailing your interest to [email protected].
Call for Volunteers for the 2020 APPI Conference Committee!
September 20 - 22, 2020 Lethbridge, Alberta
Beyond Success: Growth by Failure
APPI is seeking regulated members who are interested in committing themselves to organize and execute the conference, including the program, budget considerations and securing sponsorship in collaboration with APPI Council and Administration. The 2020 APPI conference will provide opportunities for members to enhance and further their professional development through the exchange of ideas and knowledge. We are currently seeking volunteers to participate in the following committees:
• Prepare the call for presenters and select the presentations.
• Develop the program, schedule and organize the keynote speakers and session speakers.
• Coordinate with speakers requesting their titles, session descriptions, biographies, pictures and AV requirements.
• Provide speaker support and moderate sessions at the conference.
• Ensure the timing for the conference sessions is consistent with the venue contract (with APPI Administration).
• Contact sustaining sponsors (APPI Administration provides background information).
• Pursue new sponsorship opportunities.
• Follow the APPI Sponsorship program established in Policy.
• APPI Administration distributes the sponsorship package and coordinates payments with the sponsors.
Please reply to the APPI office by noon on Monday, November 25, 2019, by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1) Why you are interested in joining the conference team,
2) Your first and second choice for either the Program or Sponsorship Committee, and
3) Time commitment (pre conference and/or at the conference).
Please note: All volunteers are expected to cover their conference registration (reduced rate), travel and accommodations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tyson Boylan, RPP, MCIP and Spencer Croil, RPP, MCIP
2019 Edmonton Urban Design Awards Reception
Friday, November 15, Doors 7:00 PM
Edmonton City Hall
The 2019 APPI Conference presentation recordings
are now available here
on the APPI YouTube channel. Please subscribe to our channel so APPI can upgrade their account and receive a distinct url!
Alberta Professional Planners Institute
PO Box 3099
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2T1
Toll Free: 888.286.8716
email: [email protected]