2019 APPI Member Renewal Invoices
The 2019 APPI/CIP member renewal invoices have been issued. To opt out of CIP membership, please email [email protected] and you be issued a revised 2019 member renewal invoice with the 2019 CIP fees removed.
The electronic invoice that you receive via email is your official invoice for the purposes of payment. A hard copy of the invoice will not be mailed unless you make a specific request to the APPI office. Member renewal fees are due by January 2, 2019.
Click here to access the online payment system. If you have not received your invoice, please email [email protected].
Call for Volunteers for the 2019 APPI Conference Committee!
Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park, Fort McMurray, Alberta
October 6 - 8, 2019
APPI is seeking regulated members who are interested in committing themselves to organize and execute the conference, including the theme, budget considerations and securing sponsorship in collaboration with APPI Council and Administration. The 2019 APPI conference will provide opportunities for members to enhance and further their professional development through the exchange of ideas and knowledge. We are currently seeking volunteers to participate in the following committees:
• Develop the conference theme in concert with the Co-Chairs.
• Prepare the call for presenters and select the presentations.
• Develop the program, schedule and organize the keynote speakers and session speakers.
• Coordinate with speakers requesting their titles, session descriptions, biographies, pictures and AV requirements.
• Provide speaker support and moderate sessions at the conference.
• Ensure the timing for the conference sessions is consistent with the venue contract (with APPI Administration).
• Contact sustaining sponsors (APPI Administration provides background information).
• Pursue new sponsorship opportunities.
• Follow the APPI Sponsorship program established in Policy.
• APPI Administration distributes the sponsorship package and coordinates payments with the sponsors.
Please reply to the APPI office by noon on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1) Why you are interested in joining the conference team,
2) Your first and second choice for either the Program or Sponsorship Committee, and
3) Time commitment (pre conference and/or at the conference).
Please note: All volunteers are expected to cover their conference registration and accommodations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Simon Fraser University, ACT (the Adaptation to Climate Change Team) Releases the Low Carbon Resilience: Best Practices for Professionals – Final Report
ACT’s new report on professional practices is designed to advance "low carbon resilience" (LCR), as well as a joint statement endorsing action on LCR from leading Canadian national professional associations CIP, CSLA, RAIC and CWWA, with support from ICLEI Canada. Here's to 2019 being a year of rapid progress on climate action! Click here
for information and the report.
University of Calgary, Faculty of Environmental Design Research Conference - Disruptive Design
January 9, 2019
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
University of Calgary, Professional Faculties Building, Room 2160
Attendees are eligible for AAA, APPI and AALA continuing education credits. Full conference details, agenda and registration link can be found here:
Parallel to the conference, we’re also running a #DISRUPTTHIS photo challenge to find out what people think needs to be disrupted to facilitate positive change in our world. Anyone can enter, as many times as they’d like, and could win a Google Cardboard. More information about the challenge here: https://evds.ucalgary.ca/disruptthis
2019 Winter Cities Shake-Up
January 23-26, 2019
Early bird registration has been extended to January 10, 2019.
for details and to register.
Strathcona Centre in the Park Tour and Social!
Friday, January 25, 2019
4:00 - 8:00 PM
Details to be announced.
APPI Calgary Event - Development in Proximity to CP Rail Lines
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM at the Danish Club, Calgary
Details to be announced.
Alberta Professional Planners Institute
PO Box 3099
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2T1
Toll Free: 888.286.8716
email: [email protected]