APPI Council Candour
Over the May 25-27 weekend your newly elected APPI Council met for their annual retreat to discuss and set priorities for the year ahead, and to get to know each other better. Fun times and interesting discussions were had, here are some highlights:
• Council completed their annual governance training, which is always an excellent refresher on the roles and responsibilities for Council members.
• Council was lucky to have a run through of the new APPI Regulatory Responsibilities course that has been developed by Roy Wright, RPP on behalf of the Institute. The course will be offered to APPI members in the coming months.
• Council had a lively discussion on the ambitious 2016-2018 Strategic Plan, including a review of the 19 strategic projects. Despite some excellent progress over the past two years, including completion of 11/19 projects, Council voted to extend the strategic plan to 2019 to allow more time to complete the remaining 8 projects. You can check out the strategic plan here
. If you have any feedback or suggestions let us know by emailing [email protected]
, we'd love to hear
from you. And stay tuned for opportunities to submit feedback and ideas leading up to work on the next Strategic Plan starting in 2019!
• Council completed an annual "check-in" on the APPI values
, which are used to guide Council and Committee decision making. It was unanimously agreed that the values are still relevant and helpful for the Institute.
• APPI Council and Administration are continuing to work with CIP on finalizing the details of our shared services agreement.
• APPI will be a platinum sponsor for the upcoming Canadian Planning Student Conference – “Place 18” – taking place in Edmonton Oct 12-14, 2018. Learn more about the event at www.placeconference.ca
and be sure to check it out!
If you have an idea or question that you’d like to bring to APPI Council’s attention, we would be pleased to consider it and get back to you – please contact the office at [email protected].