APPI Legacy Fund Award
The Alberta Centennial Conference Legacy Fund was established in 2005. The fund provides financial assistance to APPI members interested in attending and presenting planning-based information at a national or international conference, or for those engaged in research of emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
Award Option A: Presentation at a national or international conference
1. Intent of this award option is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to preparation and delivery of the presentation at a conference.
2. National or international conferences are eligible.
Award Option B: Research to advance excellence in planning
1. Intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to their research that focuses on emerging practices and innovation in the field of planning.
2. Preference will be given to those applicants who can relate their presentations to planning in Alberta, Nunavut or Northwest Territories.
3. This award is not to be used to fulfill any post-secondary requirements.
Legacy Fund Award Application click here. A maximum of one (1) award will be granted for allowable expenses to a maximum of $3,000.00 to be used in the 2018 calendar year.
The deadline is 5:00 PM Monday, April 16, 2018 and the winners will be recognized at the 2018 APPI Volunteer Celebration on April 27th in Edmonton.
APPI would like to recognize and support the great work being done by members and strongly encourages you to apply for funding assistance via the APPI Legacy Fund Award.
The submission details and evaluation criteria are outlined on the application for which is now available on the APPI website http://www.albertaplanners.com/awards&recognition.
Enquiries regarding the APPI Legacy Fund Award may be directed to:
Kelly Learned, RPP, Awards Committee Chair at [email protected] or the APPI office at [email protected]