2018 APPI and CIP Member Renewal Invoices
The 2018 member renewal invoices will be issued via email in early December 2017. Those invoices will include the 2018 APPI fees, CIP fees, and the Professional Liability Insurance premium (for Candidate and RPP Members). As per Bylaw Amendment 2017-1, passed in November 2017, membership with CIP is no longer mandatory for APPI members. Those members who do not wish to renew their CIP membership for 2018 will have the ability to opt out upon email request to APPI and will be issued a revised 2018 invoice with the CIP member fees removed.
Any APPI member who opts out of CIP membership for 2018 may at any time during 2018 or beyond, upon request to APPI, be reinstated as a member of CIP with no additional re-application or re-certification process or fees. It is important to note that while a member in any APPI class may opt out of CIP membership for 2018, regulated members who opt out should consider the following:
1. Right to the Registered Professional Planner (RPP) professional designation and protected title will be retained, but those opting out of CIP will cease to have the right to use MCIP, which is not required to maintain regulated professional practice in the APPI jurisdiction.
2. Participation in the APPI Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) Program will remain mandatory.
3. Compliance with the APPI Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) program will remain mandatory. All APPI members, even those who opt out of CIP membership, will continue to report their CPL activities using the CIP reporting system.
APPI 2018 Professional Liability Insurance Program
APPI is pleased to announce that BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd (BMS Group) is the Institute’s new and exclusive insurance broker for all regulated members’ Professional Liability Insurance (PLI), effective January 1, 2018. This change supports APPI’s ongoing mission of providing the most comprehensive and cost-effective liability coverage to our members. For 2018, APPI members will see enhanced coverage at a reduced cost, increased value and further improved service including:
• Reduced insurance premiums from $51 to $47
• Increased defense costs limits
• 10 year free extended reporting period for Non-Practicing and Retired members
• Expanded territorial limits
For more information on the APPI PLI please click here
New APPI Affinity Program Now Available
APPI is pleased to announce our new customized APPI Affinity Program. The program offers significant value and savings to members on a wide range of products and services. For more information on the program and to voluntarily register click here