APPI 2018 Conference
Delta Lodge at Kananaskis, Alberta
September 30 - October 2, 2018
APPI is pleased to announce the 2018 Conference Co-Chairs! Tara Steell, RPP, MCIP with Stantec Consulting Ltd and Connor Smith with Al-Terra Engineering Ltd. The conference theme being developed will promote the exchange of information, ethical professional planning, diversity, and the sharing of ideas that support APPI's members, their work, and the planning community.
Call for Volunteers for the APPI 2018 Conference Committee!
APPI is seeking regulated members who are interested in committing themselves to organize and execute the conference, including the theme, budget considerations and securing sponsorship in collaboration with APPI Council and Administration.
The APPI 2018 conference will provide opportunities for members to enhance and further their professional development through the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
We are currently seeking volunteers to participate in the following committees:
• Develop the conference theme in concert with the Co-Chairs.
• Prepare the call for presenters and select the presentations.
• Develop the program, schedule and organize the keynote speakers and session speakers.
• Coordinate with speakers requesting their titles, session descriptions, biographies, pictures and AV requirements.
• Provide speaker support and moderate sessions at the conference.
• Ensure the timing for the conference sessions is consistent with the venue contract (with APPI Administration).
• Contact sustaining sponsors (APPI Administration provides background information).
• Pursue new sponsorship opportunities.
• Follow the APPI Sponsorship program established in Policy.
• APPI Administration distributes the sponsorship package and coordinates payments with the sponsors.
Reply to the APPI office by noon on Monday, September 11, by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1) Why you are interested in joining the conference team,
2) Your first and second choice for either the Program or Sponsorship Committee, and
3) Time commitment (pre conference and/or at the conference).
Please note: All volunteers are expected to cover their conference registration and accommodations.
We look forward to hearing from with you!