APPI Legacy Fund Award
The Alberta Professional Planners Institute is offering a monetary award to provide financial assistance to APPI members interested in attending and presenting planning-based information at a national or international conference, or for those engaged in research of emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
Option A: Presentation at a national or international conference (in person or virtual)
1. The intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to preparation and delivery of the presentation at a conference.
2. National or international conferences are eligible.
Option B: Research and the Documentation of that Research to advance excellence in planning
1. The intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to research, and the documentation/sharing of research, and is relevance to emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
2. Preference will be given to those applicants that can relate their research to planning in Alberta, Nunavut or Northwest Territories.
3. This award MAY be used to fulfill post-secondary requirements at the PhD level and postdoctoral student research but not for an academic’s research in the normal course of a position for which they receive financial compensation.
One award of a minimum $1,000 and a maximum of $3,000.00 will be given in the 2021 calendar year. You may make a submission for both Options; however, you may win for only one Option.
The deadline for submissions is 3:00 PM Friday, May 14, 2021.
The submission details and evaluation criteria are outlined on the application form which are now available here, Legacy Fund | Alberta Professional Planners Institute (albertaplanners.com)
Only the winning recipients will be contacted. Please visit the APPI website for the posted results.
APPI is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Those individuals who identify as First Nations, Inuit, Métis, LGBTQ2S+, persons with disabilities, women and other marginalized or disadvantaged groups, are encouraged to apply for these awards.