The Alberta Professional Planners Institute is offering a monetary award to provide financial assistance to APPI members interested in attending and presenting at a national or international conference. This could also include those members engaged in research of emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
Award Option A: Presentation at a national or international conference
- Intent of this award option is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to preparation and delivery of the presentation at a conference.
- National or international conferences are eligible.
Award Option B: Research to advance excellence in planning
- Intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to their research that focuses on emerging practices and innovation in the field of planning.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who can relate their presentations to planning in Alberta, Nunavut or Northwest Territories.
- This award is not to be used to fulfill any post-secondary requirements or for an academic’s research in the normal course of their position.
One (1) award will be granted for allowable expenses to a maximum of $3,000.00 to be used in the 2020 calendar year.
APPI would like to recognize and support the great work being done by members and strongly encourages you to apply for funding assistance via the APPI Legacy Fund Award.
The recipients are honored at the annual APPI Volunteer Awards and Appreciation Celebration.
APPI is pleased to announce that Amanda-Brea Watson of Dillon Consulting Limited is the recipient of the 2019 APPI Legacy Fund Award. Amanda-Brea will utilizing the award to attend and make a presentation at the 2019 CIP Conference in Ottawa. More info.