2022 Call for Submissions
The deadline for submissions is 3:00 PM Friday, May 13, 2022.
Click here for the Application Form with the submission details and evaluation criteria.
The Alberta Professional Planners Institute is offering a monetary award to provide financial assistance to APPI Regulated members interested in attending and presenting planning-based information at a national or international conference, or for those engaged in research of emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
Option A: Presentation at a national or international conference (in person or virtual)
1. The intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to preparation and delivery of the presentation at a conference.
2. National or international conferences are eligible.
Note: Should something unforeseen transpire that would prevent the selected recipient from attending the conference, including but not limited to a government public health measure, APPl will work with the recipient to identify alternative funding uses.
Option B: Research and the Documentation of that Research to advance excellence in planning
1. The intent of this award is to provide financial assistance with the applicant’s expenses related to research, and the documentation/sharing of research, and its relevance to emerging practices and innovation in the advancement of excellence in planning.
2. Preference will be given to those applicants that can relate their research to planning in Alberta, Nunavut or Northwest Territories.
3. This award MAY be used to fulfill post-secondary requirements at the PhD level and postdoctoral student research but not for an academic’s research in the normal course of a position for which they receive financial compensation.
One award of a minimum $1,000 and a maximum of $3,000.00 will be given in the 2022 calendar year. You may make a submission for both Options; however, you may win for only one Option.
Only the winning recipients will be contacted. Please visit the APPI website for the posted results.
APPI is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Those individuals who identify as First Nations, Inuit, Métis, LGBTQ2S+, persons with disabilities, women and other marginalized or disadvantaged groups, are encouraged to apply for these awards.
APPI would like to recognize and support the great work being done by members and strongly encourages you to apply for funding assistance via the APPI Legacy Fund Award.
APPI is pleased to announce that Lee Ann Beaubien, RPP, is the recipient of the 2021 APPI Legacy Fund Award. Lee Ann will utilize the award to further her research and the documentation of that research for the project "PlanSavvy".
APPI is pleased to announce that Amanda-Brea Watson of Dillon Consulting Limited is the recipient of the 2019 APPI Legacy Fund Award. Amanda-Brea will utilize the award to attend and make a presentation at the 2019 CIP Conference in Ottawa.